Born on April 30th 1969 Conegliano, Veneto, Italy, Diego enjoyed a simple, rural upbringing within a generations old traditional Italian family unit.
Diego’s first memory for the pull of the catering world came from time spent with his Auntie who lived the catering lifestyle to the full as a chef in Venice. To this day she remains Diego’s true Food hero.
Diego has worked in kitchens all over Europe and this has fuelled his interest for developing other languages, Italian (mother tongue) English, French and a simple understanding of German, Spanish and Arabic.
When he is not firing the stoves at Prosecco he relaxes by playing the guitar, playing football with his sons, Dominic and Bruno and following his love of F1 racing (Ferrari tifosi of course!).
- Catering School 1984 to 1989
- National service 89-90 as chef and waiter in the Officers’ Mess
- Hotel Arnica in the Dolomites Ski resort of Falcade
- Ristorante Tre Panoce, Conegliano City restaurant
- Ristorante Cima, Conegliano City hotel
- Villa Corner della Regina, Venetian country hotel
- Ristorante Parco Gambrinus, San Polo di Piave – Michelin starred restaurant
- Hotel Pascal Paoli Algajola, Corsica
- Shaw’s Restaurant, South Kensington
- Arcadia Restaurant, Kensington
- Mezzo, Soho W1
- Zinc Bar & Grill, Heddon St W1
- Sartoria, Saville Row W1
- San Carlo, Bristol
- Prosecco, Clifton Village